The project was to create a small luxury retreat to host or high net worth international and domestic customers, and provide them with a tailored Torbreck wine experience at Hillside Vineyard and Winery. A space to be used for hosting an annual Torbreck trade and consumer events within a heritage wine tourism experience – one of the world’s oldest vineyard and historic winery experiences.
Hillside is not just a heritage propery in need of repair. It needs to celebrate it’s heritage, but also be attractive as a luxury offering under the Torbreck brand. It needs to earn an income, and be an asset that adds to the overall value of the site for Torbreck.
With a personality that is deep, a little dramatic and quite extraordinary, there is no room here for subtle or simple here. The project is under construction in 2023, and involves:
- An atmosphere that is a little dramatic, but authentically so. Genuine and chosen to tell a story rather than vintage.
- Materials that are individual, bold, elegant.
- Raw, strong, ornate exterior, with a hint of the unlikely in colour, weight or shape.
- Reserved, private, intriguing first impression. A strong entrance.
- Bold, intense representation of the historic and wine making using items, not just words. Collections of beautiful, intriguing and interesting things.
- Detailed, unusual gateway.
- Good light, accented with something that draws attention to a unique item.
- Solid, elegant, detailed furniture – something that will be there a long time.
- Black, white and grey with an accent – yellow, orange or green. No beige.
- Showing what has been here before using bold, striking displays.