DESIGN INTENT: MORE BEAUTIFUL WITH TIME
A place that endures, and becomes more beautiful with time. We produce something alluring, that you want to get to know individually and discover how special it is. The longer we know it, the more we love it.
A Cellar Door to reflect the quality of the wines, and create space for tasting, VIP tasting and cafe. The aim of the project is to carry on the old philosophy but bring the quality up to even more premium.
The site has a long heritage that is vital to the Schubert brand and must be celebrated and the story told. The merging of old and new must tell the story, interact with the vines and the demonstration area.
The design features:
- Solid stone blade walls that enclose spaces and allow you to discover their individual beauty
- Openings in the walls that allow a glimpse and a temptation into the next space
- A series of intimate and individual entrances
- Sculptures and details within each courtyard and interior that tell stories – geese, wine, heritage, vineyard
- Large, solid timber doors
- Rounded tasting bar that allows service and visual surveillance of all areas
- Rear wall of retail
- Deck that connects with both the interior and vines but restricts the public from walking through the vineyard
- Glazed VIP tasting room that opens onto the outside, central fireplace feature
- Use of the existing cellar door building for back of house with new roofing and stone facade