You are reading the Extend chapter of our 5 Es of Visitor Experience article series. Click here to start from chapter 1.
What triggers a repeat purchase?
Do our customers ever come back, or tell their friends about us?
What sort of interaction will they have with us in the future, if any?
This depends on your industry and your customer – what works for some might be wildly inappropriate for you.
You can use your buildings and interiors to do the selling for you.
- Make it easy to sign up to the loyalty club with a display and a signup sheet,
- Make the space tell the story about what you offer in terms of options for activities, so they know what to do next time,
- Show how much fun others have had at the most recent VIP events,
- Display product with complimentary products or tickets for experiences.
- Use your space to up-sell or get a signup,
- Make it easy for staff to connect with visitors.
Wineries can record the number of bottles purchased and send out a reminder to buy more at a calculated period after purchase.
Hotels and visitor centres can offer information on local events and opportunities to try something new by creating partnerships with producers and other local organisations, that can be used to extend stays or promote another visit.